CALL FOR ARTISTS
The St Charles Arts Council (St. Charles, IL), announces the ArtsFest Juried Pop-Up Art Show. Artists are invited to submit their work for jurying for this show, which is part of the SCAC’s 8th Annual Event –ArtsFest|St.Charles– ALL of theARTS, ALL over TOWN.
ArtsFest | St. Charles is the signature event of the SCAC, featuring visual and performing arts programming all over the city. The ArtsFest Gallery will be open from Friday, September 7 through Saturday, September 29.
Entries for the gallerycan be in any style or medium of visual art.
FORMAT: Juried – Guest Jurors are Art Collectors John Abel, Donna Stockman and John Stockman
1. Jury fee for SCAC Artist Members is $25. Jury fee for non-Artist Members is $45.
2. When artwork is sold, the SCAC will take a 15% administrative fee.
(Jury Fee is nonrefundable). Fees can be mailed to: St Charles Arts Council, 2 E. Main St., St. Charles, IL 60174, or paid online through the web site. Click on the Yellow Donate button on any page. The SCAC is a 501c3 Public Charity.
[Artists interested in becoming an SCAC member – go to StCharlesArtsCouncil.org and click on “Donate” to make your membership payment.]
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY end-of-day, Monday, August 20, 2018. We will review all electronic submissions and contact artists with the jury decisions.
- IMAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY end of day, Monday August 20.
- Receipt of work – Friday August 31 (6 p.m. to 7 p.m.) and Saturday September 1 (1 p.m. to 2 p.m.).
- Gallery will be open: Friday, September 7 ONLY for the Opening Reception at 6 through 8 p.m. After the Opening, on Fridays and Saturdays from 12 to 6 and other hours by appointment.
- Artist Reception: Friday, September 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pick-up of artwork: Saturday, September 29 (6 to 7 p.m.) and Monday, October 1 (6 to 7 p.m.)
- All artwork must be ready to hang/install. Information about hanging preparation for 2D work will be supplied by the SCAC.
- Sculpture pedestals/stands must be provided by the artist.
- Delivery and pick-up of the artwork will be the artist's responsibility. Artists with work accepted in the show must drop-off and pick up their work on the published dates.
- All artwork must be for sale.
The artist contract must be signed and brought with artwork juried into the gallery. It is not mandatory for artists to staff the gallery, but it is strongly encouraged. Anyone interested in Volunteering to “sit” the gallery should contact the SCAC at 630.443.3794 or email us at info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org.
Artwork will be in the gallery on consignment. The artist will receive 85% of the selling price of their work. Illinois sales tax will be collected, and is the responsibility of the artist to pay to the State.
There is a comprehensive promotional plan for the ArtsFest Event. The ArtsFest 2018 Gallery will be promoted by the SCAC and Event Partners. Promotionwill utilize social and traditional media. The galleries will be actively and continuously promoted by the SCAC, including weekly news releases about all of the Event participants.
Information about all artists in the Pop-Up Gallery will be included on the SCAC’s website and each artist’s name will link to the artists’ web site or other electronic site provided by the artist.
About the St Charles Arts Council:
The St Charles Arts Council is a 501(c)(3), registered not-for-profit Illinois corporation whose mission is to serve and promote the arts and cultural activities, to the mutual benefit of the arts and the community. Contact the SCAC for information at 630.443.3794 or at info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org. Visit StCharlesArtsCouncil.org for more information about the SCAC and our Projects and Events. Like/Follow us on Facebookfacebook.com/stcharlesartscouncil/. Visit ArtinPublicPlacesSTC.comto enjoy this outstanding Public Art Project.