POTENTIAL TEACHING ARTIST POSITIONS
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) is currently interviewing artists for potential teaching positions in Chicago Public Schools for school year 2017-2018.
CAPE advances the arts as a vital strategy for improving teaching and learning by increasing students’ capacity for academic success, critical thinking and creativity.
CAPE supports authentic collaborations between teachers and teaching artists. Since 1993, CAPE has guided teachers and artists into deeper levels of arts integration that result in investigations of academic subjects, while at the same time creating exciting, innovative works of art.
CAPE seeks artists in all disciplines with:
- Experience or interest teaching in public schools.
- Experience or interest working in collaborations.
- Curiosity about how young people and teachers think.
- Interest documenting and examining teaching practice.
- Interest investigating the role of the arts in learning.
- Interest participating in their own professional development.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and supporting documents (portfolio or website link) to:
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education
228 S. Wabash Ave. Suite 500
Chicago, Il 60604