Under the direction of Chuck Smith, the “fierce and compelling” (The New York Times) production stars Lanise Shelley as Liz Rico, a powerful NBA sports agent vying for a promotion to head her entire company. When Freddie Luna (played by Eric Gerard), a young, talented rookie, comes under her wing, Liz faces the biggest challenge of her career: trust her gut with the new player, or risk everything she’s built for herself.
No experience at the Playhouse is complete without a trip to their signature bar, and “King Liz” is no different. The production-specific cocktails, available throughout the run, include:
· Operation: Pump Up- Pimm’s, Sprite, Muddled Cucumber, Lemon
· Very Cocky Chick- Amaretto, Luxardo Cherry Liquor, Sprite, Sweet and Sour, Grenadine
· Dynamic Dunker- Bourbon, Ginger Liqueur, Hard Cider, Lime
· Diamond in the Rough- Mezcal, Simple Syrup, Lime, Ginger Beer
· Summer in a Glass(The Playhouse’s Signature Sangria) - Rosé, Vodka, Lemon, Strawberries, Sprite
The performance schedule for “King Liz” is as follows: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., and Sundays at 3 p.m.