Northside Music Academy, a fast growing music school in the northwest area of Chicago is seeking an administrative assistant/front desk receptionist to work in our fast-paced, friendly environment, starting January 2019. This will be a part-time position (18-24 hours/week) with the possibility of becoming full time.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has a friendly attitude and is comfortable working with students/parents, excellent communication skills, works well independently as well as in a team, good computer skills, experience with social media and marketing.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Opening and closing the school
- Answering phones
- Scheduling and registering new students
- Communicating with prospective, current and former students via phone, email or mail.
- Communicating with teachers
- Assisting during student recitals (twice a year on Sundays)
- Assisting in development of new programs/projects
- Comfortable with selling our services (music lessons)
- Attending staff meetings
- Light cleaning to maintain a clean office, waiting area and classrooms
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the director