We would like to welcome a new art teacher to our growing program. We offer a spacious sunny studio space with supplies galore. Our work environment is friendly and fun. We are excited about adding a teacher that has a passion for teaching art.
The ideal teacher for this position will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression. The art teacher would likely perform the following:
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, art history and clay/sculpture.
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting.
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern art principles of art.
- Provide individual and group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students based on age.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
- Understands the importance of a clean working environment.
- Understands the use of wood working tools and is comfortable operating such tools.