JOB TITLE:Assistant Carpenter
REPORTS TO:Technical Director
The Goodman Theatre is searching for an Assistant Carpenter to join our scene shop. The Assistant Carpenter will work collaboratively with the Technical Director and other scene shop members to construct, load-in, maintain and load-out scenery for the 9 show subscription season, including our annual production of A Christmas Carol, at the Goodman Theatre. This position can require some evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.
This position is under the jurisdiction of the Goodman Theatre’s collective bargaining agreement with I.A.T.S.E Local 2.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- 3 years professional theatre experience in scenery construction; scenic carpentry, finish carpentry, metal working, stage rigging, and automation/motion control
- Knowledge of theatrical procedures used in scenic construction
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Safely operate a forklift or safely drive a 24’ box truck is beneficial
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.