Reports to: Manager, Office of the General Director
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Duration: Seasonal, September 2018-May 2019
Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm (occasional evenings and weekends may be required)
Lyric Opera of Chicago's Assistant to the Office of the General Director will provide administrative support to the Manager and assist in the coordination of activities and functions for the Office of the General Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric's mission and vision.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager of the Office of the General Director and efficiently execute on a broad variety of administrative tasks including:
- managing an extremely active and dynamic calendar of appointments
- tracking and completing expense reports
- composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- assistance in preparing materials for committee meetings
- assist in special functions of the Office of the General Director, including opening night performances, lectures, and similar events
- Work closely and effectively with the Manager to keep the office well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and initiating follow ups appropriately
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric's leadership identifies the need at any time.
- Ability to occasionally work evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.