TITLE: Associate Director, Donor and Development Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Oversees primary donor and development services functions, including gift and acknowledgement management, donor inquiries, database maintenance, technology, financial operations, e-communications, and analytics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise timely and ongoing gift processing and acknowledgment procedures adhering to best-practices in donor relations.
- Execute and monitor data entry procedures and policy, ongoing data hygiene initiatives address standards and list maintenance policies.
- Ensure accurate records of donor contribution history, contact and biographical information in the database.
- Review and maintain gift documentation, gift agreements, and financial records.
- Md-hoc exisiting reports and .telligence tools such as with all related forecasting reporting.ft PowerBI.xt year)readsheet more anage VIP patron invoicing procedure, and oversee the general pledge reminder process.
- Develop and maintain policies & procedures within the development and donor services that increase the level of service to donors and development staff and promote ease of access to data.
- Along with the Director, Annual Giving and Development Operations, help to manage the development department budget including expenses and allocation of contributed income, and act as development resource for expense reporting and analysis.
- Coordinate with the finance department on the reconciliation of development reports and contributed revenue totals, including cash, and pledge receivables.
- Satisfy all development documentation requests relating to organization’s annual audit.
- Train development staff in new and existing technologies related to fundraising activities.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for internal communication, management of projects, and file management.
- Provide primary database support within the development office including campaign setup, report and functionality specifications, troubleshooting, and upgrade management.
- Provide ad-hoc data extractions, lists and reports upon request.
- Lead the conceptualization of dynamic fundraising dashboards in the Tessitura Analytics suite.
- Maintain detailed annual development contribution forecasting through the use of a custom screen in Tessitura, along with all related forecasting reporting.
- Facilitate the use of data in daily fundraising and business procedures.
- Partner with fundraisers to ensure fundraising totals are accurately reflected in reports and analysis.
- Analyze fundraising trends and donor behavior using current and historical data, including providing reports and visualizations.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications, coordinate outgoing development e-communications calendar.
- In coordination with Web team, manage updates to content on development pages of cso.org.
- Oversee and execute outgoing HTML e-mail creation, list management and deployment for the development office using Mail2.
- Provide data and technology support to fundraisers for successful solicitations.
- Review lists and data extractions prior to mass or targeted communications.
- Provide staffing and management of the general development phone line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations
- Manages the Manager, Donor and Development Services and Donor Services Coordinator. Other contacts include: staff, volunteers, donors, and other external constituents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience working in fundraising, with a strong emphasis on gift operations or annual giving; software systems; analytics; project management; and database software.
- Experience with Tessitura is preferred.
- Training or practical knowledge of accounting principles is preferred.
- Background in managing complex projects to successful conclusion.
Pleasant office environment.
To apply for full-time, part-time or seasonal positions with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history (PDF or Word attachments only) to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to 312-294-3838.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.