GOODMAN THEATRE OPEN POSITION
JOB TITLE: Company Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Associate General Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Company Manager provides essential support to Goodman actors and creative personnel. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people and competing priorities. The position requires demonstrated composure, tact and diplomacy. The Company Manager is expected to be available during off-hours to respond to artists’ needs and/or emergencies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Familiarity with the LORT/AEA agreement, Tessitura and ArtsVision a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with the General Management team, coordinate and support Goodman production companies, including but not limited to:
- Draft and process artist contracts, adhering to Goodman’s various union agreements and standard practice.
- Coordinate transportation, housing, hospitality and day to day needs of artists.
- Coordinate artists’ activities with other departments throughout the theater.
- Negotiate with housing providers and other vendors.
- Manage transportation and housing budgets
- Ensure that the theater maintains compliance with all provisions in the Actors’ Equity Agreement.
- Work with the General Management team to coordinate the Theatre’s special events and festivals.
- Manage requests for complimentary tickets and house orders.
- Represent the theater and provide each production company a day to day contact person.
- Obtain necessary work visas for all international artists.
- Other duties as assigned
Full-time, generally Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm. Position is required to work some evenings and/or weekends. Position must be reachable by cell/email during off hours to respond to artists’ needs and/or emergencies.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to https://ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position. No phone calls, please.