JOB TITLE: Education and Engagement Assistant
REPORTS TO: Walter Director of Education and Engagement
SUMMARY:The Education Assistant assists the Director, Coordinators, and Associates with planning and facilitating all education and engagement projects and programs for Goodman Theatre. Provides administrative, research, and content creation support for department. Collaborates with other Goodman departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Logistical and administration of all E&E programs
- Create and maintain the E&E calendars, schedules, spreadsheets and Tessitura database
- Process all phone calls, email, and administrative details with applicants, participants, teaching artists and teachers of our programs
- Order necessary materials and reconcile purchase orders with our Business Office
- Coordinate the design and printing of program specific materials
- Lay out, design and coordinate publication of study guides
- Book all department tickets
- Relevant work experience as executive assistant, secretary, office manager, or the equivalent required.
- The ideal candidate has experience in theatre education and is knowledgeable and passionate about theater.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized and able to work well with staff at all levels within the theater. Must have excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Tessitura and EXCEL a must.
- Knowledge of Issuu digital publishing platform desired.
- Must have attention to detail and be able to multitask.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.