About Emerald City Theatre
Emerald City Theatre’s mission is to celebrate all of Chicago’s children through playful, professional, and culturally relevant artistic programs that motivate young people to creatively face the world.
Emerald City Theatre is one of Chicago’s most attended non-profit theater companies reaching children 0-15 years old through its three pillars of work, artistic, educations, and outreach. Visit us at EmeraldCityTheatre.org to learn more about us and available opportunities!
- Lead the training, staffing, and supervising of faculty members for Birthday Parties and programming led by the Education Department in support of company special events.
- Assist Education Manager in hiring, training, and supervising Summer Camp Coordinators.
- Assist Education Manager in hiring, training, and supervising faculty members for private workshops.
- Manage, track, and fulfill supply, music, and first aid needs for all Education Department programs and special events.
- Prepare and distribute all parent and student phone, email, and printed communications.
- Respond to parent, teacher, and student program inquiries including class & camp assignments, supply needs, and parent and teacher feedback.
- Act as on-site coordinator for registration, final shows, and immediate teacher support.
- Keep all departmental calendars updated with schedules for all areas of education programming.
- Support daily operations of facilities used by the Education department and report any issues to the Education Manager.
- Independently manage communication with birthday party clients and hired faculty members.
- Keep Education Department up to date with the successes and challenges of the birthday party business via a monthly Birthday Party Report.
- Maintain up to date, working knowledge of ECT’s CRM and Sales Force procedures.
- Give input on Education Department programming and curriculum.
- Provide marketing support to the Education Manager.
- Assist Education Manager in developing programming for special events and supplemental workshops
- Assist Education Department in collecting, archiving, and analyzing assessment data for education and outreach programming.
Sales and Financial Management:
- Assist Education Manager in financial management of supply budgets and inventory
- Assist Education Manager to track and report payroll for Birthday Parties.
Educational Support to Artistic:
- Provide input to Artistic Director and Education Director regarding show title, season themes and educational content in productions.
- Lead and oversee the execution of Q&A sessions for season shows with support from Education and Production Departments.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the Education Manager, Rebeccah Singer at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.