TITLE: Executive Assistant Reviewed: 5/13/14
Provide leadership support to the Vice President for Development and the department, managing information flow and document preparation; coordinating with other departments’ assistants and staff, as needed; and planning/maintaining the Vice President’s meeting, telephone, and travel schedules. Support the Vice President in the liaison role to several Board-level and ad hoc committees, including the Nominating & Governance, Development, and Campaign Steering committees of the Board of Trustees. Support the Vice President in the liaison role to the other directors in the department. Stay up-to-date on major CSO activities; keep the VP informed, as necessary; make decisions where appropriate, and answer general questions from all departments. Coordinate projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help to ensure that the day-to-day operation of the Vice President for Development’s office runs smoothly and efficiently. This includes promptly replying to all constituents’ requests and attending to project details in a timely manner.
- Act as a resource for information to Development and other CSO staff members, the Board of Trustees, and the general public.
- Manage and coordinate VP’s schedule, set up meetings, and make travel arrangements. Keep VP informed of important issues; resolve or delegate when necessary. Handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Manage all administrative and logistical aspects of board-level and other ad hoc committees that are staffed by the vice president, including setting meeting schedules with committee chairs, coordinating agendas, distributing meeting announcements, assembling and disseminating preparatory materials, preparing meeting minutes, and reserving meeting room space.
- Draft and proofread correspondence; design and maintain standardized development reports and spreadsheets, distribute copies, and maintain records for the VP.
- Complete ad hoc projects needed or as directed by the VP by proficiently researching and gathering information from internal and external sources. Summarize and compile findings in written reports, spreadsheets, graphs, or other appropriate formats.
- Ensure, in collaboration with individual department budget managers, that Development department expenses are charged appropriately. Determine if expenses are within policy and refer questionable items to VP or other budget manager.
- Screen phone calls and mail for VP; prioritize and respond if necessary and coordinate and disseminate information.
- Sort and distribute mail for Development department.
- Organize incoming and outgoing correspondence, files, and documents.
- Prepare, in collaboration with Gifts & Records, regular fundraising progress reports for distribution both internally and externally.
- Prepare VP for Development travel & expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Vice President for Development
- Other contacts include: staff, Trustees and their assistants, Orchestra musicians
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- College degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- Ability to work independently and, when necessary, work as an essential part of the team.
- Excellent computer skills: word-processing. PowerPoint, and spreadsheet software proficiency.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organization skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
Pleasant office environment.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.