United States Artists seeks full-time
Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
to start Summer 2018.
United States Artists (USA) is currently seeking a full-time Executive Assistant who will work directly with
our President & CEO to provide administrative support with scheduling, correspondence, travel, and
other duties as assigned. In addition, this individual acts as the liaison to the Board of Trustees and also
provides administrative and office support to the USA team.
USA is a national arts funding nonprofit organization based in Chicago. Each year, USA awards up to
fifty $50,000 fellowships to the country’s most accomplished and innovative artists working in the fields
of Architecture & Design, Craft, Dance, Film, Media, Music, Theater & Performance, Traditional Arts,
Visual Art, and Writing. USA Fellows spotlight the importance of artists across the country, celebrating
the broad diversity of American artistic practices and cultivating a creative ecology that is diverse in
age, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. Since our founding in 2006, USA has supported over
500 artists with nearly $25 million. To learn more about the organization, please visit our website.
This individual will fulfill the needs of our CEO, Board, and Office:
— CEO DUTIES:
• Assist CEO in organizing, managing, and tracking all projects;
• Manage CEO calendar— schedule meetings and coordinate travel;
• Draft written correspondence for CEO including letters, memos, emails, etc.
— BOARD DUTIES:
• Liaise with USA Board of Trustees;
• Manage three meetings annually;
• Prepare votes, reports, and other necessary documents for meetings;
• Keep and circulate all meeting minutes.
— OFFICE DUTIES:
• Correspond with donors, vendors, and Fellows, as needed;
• Coordinate travel as requested for staff, guests, and Fellows;
• Support Finance Director by reconciling expense reports;
• Overall management of office including ordering supplies, purchasing software and equipment,
organizing and maintaining files, and IT support;
• Take on additional duties as required.