Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, support Northlight Theatre’s Marketing Department in all phases of day-to-day operation, from General Office and Data Management duties to Creative Planning, Patron Engagement and Outreach.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Observe professional photo and video shoots (fall and spring only).
- Opportunities for Q & A and networking with selected professionals in related fields such as Public Relations and Graphic Design.
- Discounts to professional productions in Chicago, and invitations to intern networking events hosted by the League of Chicago Theatres.
- Attend Northlight Opening Nights (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 12-15 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Assist Marketing Team in targeting cross-promotional and group sales opportunities.
- Record, track and analyze e-blast and social media statistics.
- Contribute content to the organization’s online presence.
- Proofreading and editing materials such as brochures, postcards, e-blasts, and subscriber communications.
- Assist Marketing Team in entering survey data and analyzing results.
- Maintain advertising and press files.
- Participate in staff and departmental meetings.
- Support Northlight Staff at special events.
- Assist with select general administrative duties, e.g. departmental mailings, photocopying program inserts and updating mailing spreadsheets and files