This is not a traditional job or school application. We realize our work and our work process are not for everyone. This is something we both understand and respect. It’s all about knowing each other well. We’re interested in finding out:
- Why do you want to work with us?
- How do you envision working with STAGE will help further your career goals?
Because our creation and development process is extremely unstructured and involves a lot of give-and-take, it’s essential that people be collaborative and comfortable with uncertainty. We are genuinely trying to identify people who are a good fit for our team, people who are passionate about doing the kind of work we do, in the way we do it. In this spirit, we want to know you as well as we can to ensure the success of this collaboration.
- What has been your work process?
- What kind of work have you been doing?
- What brings out the best and the worst in you?
In addition, we're looking for people who are curious, who like to play and be playful, who by their very nature contribute to a light-hearted atmosphere, yet are serious-minded about their work. We want people who like to create stories and who are very skilled at doing so, who are good at solving complex problems and puzzles, who don’t buckle in the face of obstacles.
- What’s your story?
- Where do you go for inspiration?
- What do you want out of life?
Relevant Skill Sets
We are looking for people with hybrid interests and skills, i.e., scientists who have had some theatre experience and/or theatre people with experience/a strong interest in science and/or technology. Fellows will be selected for their talents and interests, but will not be defined or limited by them. Our foremost requirements are alignment with our philosophy, a genuine interest in the work we do, dedication and hard work.
It is helpful to have several of the following skills:
- Computer skills/coding/mathematics
- Costume design
- Film editing
- Lighting design
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design/prototyping
- Projection design
- Set design
- Sound design
- Storytelling and new methods of storytelling
- Special skills (e.g., everything from filmmaking, visual arts and photography to dialects, acrobatics, magic and sword swallowing, etc. to even those tinkerer/dabbler interests that materialize only in your basement)