For 40 years, Martin Lawrence Galleries has set the standard of excellence in the world of fine art. Our distinctive galleries nationwide boast a matchless collection of art from modern masters, including Picasso, Warhol and Chagall, to today’s most popular and talented artists.
Role and Responsibilities
The Fine Art Sales Consultant provides the top quality experience our clients have come to recognize. We offer an opportunity to enter a competitive market and excel in an environment with exceptional earnings potential. The ideal candidate will possess superior selling skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to anticipate their tastes and to maximize repeat selling opportunities.
• Effective CRM strategy.
• Provide excellent customer service with the ability to develop meaningful and loyal client relationships.
• Build and maintain client base through consistent follow-up with phone calls and thank you notes, scheduling appointments to review new product line and inviting to gallery events.
• Ability to carry out basic gallery operations: opening, closing, order processing, assisting Director with merchandising goods on sales floor, ensuring perfect visual standards, awareness of inventory/shortage concerns and communicating replenishment needs.
• Contribute towards the gallery reaching and exceeding weekly, quarterly and annual objectives and goals; also responsible for reaching and exceeding personal sales goals.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of MLG inventory including background information on artists and artworks.
• Polished and effective presentation abilities.
• Partners with gallery director to form a cohesive team focused on creating an energetic, exciting, innovative and approachable shopping environment.
• Fosters open and constructive communication with team members, being always collaborative and proposing effective solutions.
• Displays an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 2+ years of sales experience preferably in art or luxury retail setting.
• Proven ability to achieve sales goals.
• College degree required. • Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Knowledge of and appreciation for Fine Art a big plus.
• Demonstrable success in closing sales in an art gallery or other luxury goods retail environment.
• Ability to excel in a commissions-based setting.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Location: • Schaumburg, IL