The House Manager is a shift supervisor for CST shows and events. This person ensures that all Guest Services staff are delivering world-class, welcoming customer service. This individual works with box office and stage management to start each performance or event on-time, seeing that patrons are safe and comfortable at all times.
- Front of House Coordinator
- Guest Service Associates in front of house
Prepare the theater and staff to receive patrons
- Be chiefly responsible for that performance’s audience and front of house.
- Check in staff and volunteers
- Train new group of volunteers each shift
- Ensure facility is clean and in good repair; contacting appropriate personnel to remedy any problems
- Become familiar with each seating chart, events occurring around the same time as the performance, available seats, patrons with special needs, groups, etc and brief FOH staff accordingly.
- Greet and orient Saints volunteers.
Opening house and lobby
- Make sure facility is ready and all staff is in place before opening lobby.
- As patrons arrive, remain vigilant and available to help with customer service needs.
- Supervise and communicate with FOH staff.
- Coordinate house opening with Stage Manager.
- Liaise with box office regarding will call, ticketing, and reseating.
- Ensure all patrons with special needs are served appropriately.
Manage FOH during performance
- Supervise FOH staff.
- Serve as primary FOH leader for production, box office, and other staff.
- Lead response to unexpected customer service issues and emergency.
- Lead emergency evacuation of patrons if required.
Close out performance
- Be available for patron comments and concerns as the audience exits.
- File front of house report.
- Coordinate closing the building with other staff when appropriate.
- Dismiss front of house staff.
Other duties as assigned.