Reports To:Phone Sales Supervisor
Status:Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Compensation:Hourly Rate Plus Seasonal Commission
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage with Lyric patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering inbound patron calls, in a timely manner with the intent to sell
- Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity.
- Demonstrate the ability to solicit donations from patrons of the Lyric Opera/
- Serve as back-up to Lyric’s primary Receptionist as needed/scheduled
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
- Process reservations for Lyric Opera Bus, On-Site Restaurants, Opera Insider Classes, and other specialty events.
- Assist with office projects.
Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible hours. Commission is seasonal.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ticketing business hours: 9am – 7:30pm Weekdays, 10am-7:30pm Saturdays, 10am-2pm Sundays