Reports To:Phone Sales Supervisor
Status:Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Compensation:Hourly Rate Plus Commission
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric donors, subscribers, and audience members in outbound telemarketing interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate outbound calls with enthusiasm to solicit donations or subscriptions
- Connect emotionally with patrons and serve as an enthusiastic ambassador of the organization
- Document all patron transactions, information updates, and communications in CRM systems
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
- Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity
- Demonstrate the ability to solicit donations from patrons of the Lyric Opera
- Cross-train with other ticketing staff on Lyric sales tactics and initiatives
Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible hours. Hourly rate plus commission
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ticketing core business hours: 9am – 9pm Weekdays, 10am-5pm Saturdays, 10am-2pm Sundays
- Most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split