Position Title: Marketing/PR Internship (fall 2018 - spring 2019)
The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public programs within a nonprofit cultural institution. This internship program will require a commitment of 14-21 hours a week for 3 to 9 months*, starting in September 2018.
CHF internships are project-based and vary based on the program cycle and needs of the organization. While all intern projects involve inter-departmental collaboration, each intern project has a specific concentration as outlined below. *Note, a 9 month internship is preferred, but a minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
- Assist with the creation and development of Festival event-related communications, including PowerPoint slideshows, printed programs, marketing collateral, and marketing e-mails
- Assist with the distribution of printed materials for the 2018 Fall Festival, Winter/Spring programs, and Stages, Sights & Sounds international children’s theater festival
- Oversee public relations efforts for community calendar event listings
- Conduct research and assist with preparations for media pitching and public relations efforts
- Maintain press clips and archives
- Research and conduct marketing outreach to affinity groups
- Assist in planning/hosting special events and openings
- Serve as on-site representative at events
- Other marketing projects and duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 6 products (InDesign, Illustrator, and especially Photoshop), particularly InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in and passion for the humanities
How to apply:
Please submit the following by August 30, 2018: Application (available athttp://chicagohumanities.org/about/internships), cover letter (including how you heard about the internship), resume, and two graphic design samples.
NO phone calls
About the Chicago Humanities Festival
The Chicago Humanities Festival connects people to the ideas that shape and define us, and promotes the lifelong exploration of what it means to be human. CHF fosters curiosity, celebrates creativity, explores the boundaries of contemporary knowledge and culture, and challenges us to see ourselves and the world anew. The Festival envisions a city and society in which its members engage in thoughtful dialogue, explore a diversity of ideas and come together to find positive solutions. Collaborating with many of Chicago’s major cultural and educational institutions, CHF produces over 130 events annually all across Chicago. CHF has a national reputation for featuring some of today’s most important, influential and inspiring minds—exceptional authors, scholars, journalists, performers and visual artists—both on stage and online.
Visit chicagohumanities.orgfor more information.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.