Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Lyric Opera is looking to hire a Payroll Coordinator to join our Finance department. The Payroll Coordinator is an entry-level position responsible for assisting with maintaining payroll-related accounts and is responsible for assisting with the reconciliation, analysis and accuracy of all payroll accounts across Lyric’s diverse and complex workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively support the Payroll team in executing all pay processes across Lyric and the Ryan Opera Center.
- Support the payroll team in analyzing time records and process payrolls in accordance with the provisions of complex labor contracts
- With assistance from the Payroll Associates and Director, ensure full-cycle payroll integrity, owning accuracy from data input to service provider transmission to proofing output to delivering pay stubs to staff.
- Demonstrate strong customer service in responding to employee inquiries regarding pay checks. Work with appropriate internal department supervisors and/or external software service vendors to resolve issues and correct discrepancies in pay checks and related payroll systems/records.
- Partner with HR colleagues to implement and advocate sound payroll practices and procedures.
- Provide written or oral verification of employment and pay-related matters in response to a variety of third-party information requests.
- Support year-end W-2 tie-outs and distribution of W-2s.
- Provide back-up support to other Finance Office staff, as needed, including coverage for others on the payroll team.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Support the Payroll Director with audits and analysis reports.
- Review and post Payroll GL entries into Navision and create financial statement.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends or holidays to process payroll, attend functions or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.