Tiny Pieces - Mosaic Tools and Supplies is a specialty retail store located in Edgewater that caters to the needs of mosaic artists from around the world. Tiny Pieces is located within and works together with The Chicago Mosaic School to inform, support and promote mosaic art.
The ideal candidate/s would have some retail sales and customer services experience in addition to being outgoing, enthusiastic, self-motivated and client oriented. It is a plus if the candidate/s have some knowledge about the mosaic making process, are familiar with the materials, tools and supplies used in mosaic fabrication and/or are willing to learn.
The candidate/s for this position will work closely with the owner on select collaborative projects, aside from daily sales and operational duties.
- open and close the shop as per established schedule
- be the friendly face of Tiny Pieces; greet and asssist customers
- maintain the appearance of the shop; keeping it organized; light cleaning
- answer the phone
- process sales
- assist with social media platforms
- other duties as assigned
- good listener; articulate; courteous
- accountable; trustworthy; responsible
- proficient in Word, Excel and basic social media platforms
- must speak English; speaking French, Italian and/or Spanish a plus
8-12 hours per week that require accepted candidate/s to be available several days per week including some evenings.
As Tiny Pieces works closely with The Chicago Mosaic School, the store is aiming for the candidate/s to open and run basic store operations during classes, workshops and special events that the school hosts. On acceptance, a monthly calendar will be established.
• Currently, 4-5 Groupon sessions are scheduled per month. Each is 3 hours and depending on the day of the wekk are either from 12-3p, 4:30-7:30p or 7-10p.
• 2-1/2 hour evening classes/workshops run 7-9:30p on selected weekdays Monday - Friday.
• Daytime classes/workshops are scheduled on selected Mondays and Tuesdays would require a 4 hour committment of 12-4p
This position is an unpaid internship for the summer 2017 (with retail and mosaic training provided as necessary). That said, a paid position may be offered to the candidate/s depending on their level of interest and the quality of their work.