Broadway Break Thru is seeking teachers for immediate hires for our performing arts After School Care Programs. The BBT After School Programming takes place after school Mondays – Fridays, generally between the hours of 3pm to 6pm. BBT is with multiple schools across Chicagoland and its surrounding suburb.
Our After School Teachers will be responsible for all aspects of developing, planning, operating and assessing each of their classes. Our teachers are responsible for building and operating the program in alignment with the mission and vision BBT and each of our school partners.
Seeking teachers skilled in musical theatre, acting, dance, improv and sketch comedy, stage combat, basic circus and clowning, arts and crafts, directing, film, stage management, costumes, makeup, props and wide range of educational programs.
Positions are well paid.
A successful candidate must:
- Must commit to the full 7-9 week session
- Must complete BBT Teacher training and attend a current After School Programming Session
- Arrives punctually in order to meet responsibilities in site start up and assignments
- Maintains close communication with school’s site coordinator regarding planned or emergency absences for the same reason
- Be energetic, trustworthy, and committed to your students
- Enjoy and have experience working with school-aged children
- Be an independent and innovative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a team environment, is willing to tackle new challenges, and is able to manage multiple assignments while meeting specific deadlines with minimal supervision
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with parents, school staff, community members
- Have a basic understanding of child development and age-appropriate behaviors and skills
- Undergo a comprehensive background check
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, be working toward a degree in a related field, or have two years’ work experience in youth programs
- Ensure an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the students enrolled
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging where kids are enthusiastic to participate
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate
- Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students and volunteers
- Identify student needs and communicate to Site Coordinator, teachers, school administration, parents, and volunteers as appropriate
- Reliable car transportation is a plus.
Seeking instructors with experience teaching:
- Musical Theatre
- Improv & Sketch Comedy
- Video Gaming & Animation