We are seeking a strategic, experienced, and mission-driven School Programs Manager to join Hubbard Street’s Education department. Reporting to the Director of Education, Youth, and Community Programs, the Senior Manager of School and Community Programs is responsible for a broad array of school partnership, teaching, and professional development functions for a $7.5M performing arts organization with an Education budget of $1.2M. The School Programs Manager should have a detailed understanding of the dance partnership needs of schools throughout the Chicago area, with an emphasis on Chicago Public Schools. This position provides leadership for all in-school programs, as well as serving as a role model for best practices and to provide professional development. This position is full-time.
- Develop and maintain school partnerships, documentation protocols and materials, and teaching artist and educator professional development programs;
- Manage all research initiatives and work with Education Director to develop protocols and training;
- Implement strategic initiatives to increase clients and revenue, innovatively increasing the number of schools/organizations purchasing contracted programming;
- Refine curriculum outlines for each program, create materials from these for school partners and teaching artists;
- Ensure that all school programs meet all CPS and suburban requirements;
- Facilitate in-school planning, evaluation and professional development workshops as needed for assigned projects and schools;
- Develop family program partnerships as assigned, seeking out new partnerships as needed to further organizational goals;
- Refine and implement complete marketing plan for assigned programs;
- Find and grow partnerships and registration for the Adaptive Dance Program, seeking out both revenue generating and community program partners.
- Assist with partnership research initiatives,
- Schedule & supervise teaching artist faculty;
- Participate in relevant education department events and workshops, as well as other professional development opportunities as assigned;
- Work with Education Director to complete special projects as needed, including development of new programming to meet organizational goals;
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.