Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution that offers innovative degree programs in the visual, performing, media and communication arts for nearly 10,000 students in 120 undergraduate and graduate programs. An arts and media college committed to a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, Columbia is dedicated to opportunity and excellence in higher education.
The Summer Arts and Media Campat Columbia College is a unique and urban camp program for young creatives ages 6-14. Featuring small class-sizes and multiple opportunities for collaboration, the camp invites exploration in the fine, performing, and media arts. We are looking for dynamic and energetic Teaching Artists from a variety of content areas who can translate their expertise into the classroom and help inspire the next generation of Chicago artists:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and execution of engaging, hands-on lessons in respective program areas.
- Establish and maintain a safe and trusting space for students to share and create.
- Collaborate with other Teaching Artists and Camp administration on special projects.
- Demonstrate high-energy, patience, and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.