The Stage School is currently seeking a Technical Director/Master Carpenter for our Spring production of Annie. Performances will take place on Saturday, May 11th at 1 PM and Saturday May 18 at 5 PM.
Work days will be scheduled at a mutually agreed up time, with daytime weekday and weekend hours available. All set pieces should be rehearsal ready by April 6.
This production rehearses at the Centennial Activity Center, 100 S. Western Ave in Park Ridge.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Determine how the scenery will be built and out of what materials.
- Create technical draftings of set pieces for construction
- Create a materials list including cost for review by the producer and purchase of necessary materials
- Manage budget/purchases as needed
- Serve as master carpenter to construct and/or oversee construction of all scenic elements
- Coordinate load in and strike of materials
- Communicate with the producer, as well as properties, lighting and costume designers as needed to ensure cohesive artistic implementation of the production.
Compensation: Flat fee of $750.