TITLE: TicketingSales & Service Associate
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Sales
Provide support to the Ticketing Departmentselling and processing season and single ticket orders and exchanges. Provide excellent customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility is selling tickets and assisting customers with service requests and questionsover the phone, live chat on cso.org and in our lobby before concerts.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient order entry for CSO and SCP ticket requests and special concerts, including research.
- Reconcile deposits of monies through the ticketing system, including check processing and charge deposit authorization.
- Responsible for reading daily updates via the briefing and remaining up-to-date with office policies and procedures.
- Process ticket exchanges, donations, and gift certificates.
- Participate in the patron loyalty program (Surprise and Delight) as requested.
- Keep informed as to changes in programming, dates, artist changes, and new discounts.
- Other projects as assigned, i.e. call campaigns, postcard mailings.
- Reports to Ticketing Supervisors and Customer Relations Manager.
- Works directly with patrons.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Working knowledge of ticketing systems, Microsoft Office, and the Internet preferred.
2. Sales and/or customer service experience required.
3. Team-player and goal oriented.
4. Knowledge of classical repertoire and/or jazz is preferred.
5. Good organizational skills and ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
6. Good telephone presence and ability to work with the public as a source of information and sales.
7. Reliable and dependable person who can be counted on to be here when scheduled.
HOURS WORKED AND LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position is part-time and does not receive health insurance benefits; holiday pay or any paid time-off.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Promotion will be based upon a combination of tenure and performance scores on the part time staff appraisal given by supervisor.
Pleasant office / call centerenvironment.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history (PDF or Word attachments only) to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to 312-294-3838.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.