Position: Women’s Board and Benefit Events Assistant
Reports To: Senior Director of Special Events and Stewardship
The Women’s Board and Benefit Events Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of fundraising/cultivation events throughout the season. The assistant will also work closely with the Goodman Theatre Women’s Board providing communication, information management and clerical support.
- Provide administrative support, maintain calendar and coordinate and prepare for meetings for the Senior Director of Special Events and Stewardship
- Support the Senior Director of Special Events and Stewardship in the solicitation and stewardship of Women’s Board members
- Coordinate correspondence with Women’s Board members
- Support all Benefit Events, Opening Night Donor events and Women’s Board projects
- Prepare graphic design requests for all event invitations and programs
- Prepare customized solicitation materials, letters, and proposal packets; provide support for Women’s Board members in their solicitation of others, including processing event invitation/solicitation mailings
- Process gifts, prepare acknowledgements and provide accurate donor lists for use in publications and on the Goodman website
- Maintain accurate and complete records in Tessitura database
- Other responsibilities assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Entry-level development position and event experience a key asset
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute good judgment
- Ability to work independently, to seek input and to take direction
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access; knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Sensitivity to confidentiality
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please